Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I should have written this last year...


Hey there,

As we are still in November, I will still be residing in Canada's capital, Ottawa, until January. Therefore, I decided I would take this chance to finally get around writing the blog for the crazy year I spent in Asia (2008).

Since I am not a robot (I think, but I have to admit I never properly cracked open to check), I cannot remember every single thing that I did during this action-movie-like year of my life. Therefore, I thought about doing it on a monthly basis kind of thing - and at least get the rough lines layed out.

While you are sitting here and reading, I encourage you to picture me as your grandmother telling you a story about back in the days - you know, her telling you about her teenage years while knitting in a rocking chair, with grey hair covered with that weird bonnet thing you really wonder where in the world she found, since you couldn't even find it yourself in that naphtalin-smelling pile of clothes at the Salvation Army. Why, you may ask? Because Dog knows one day it will become true - except for the knitting part. I can't knit. Oh, and I cannot become your grandmother either, but that's just technical details.

(Angkor Wat, Cambodia, December 2008)



Let us therefore start with the Month of May 2008, when I set foot in Beijing for the first time - and fell in love.


2 comments: